What Makes Be Free Bakers Unique?
• WHOLE GRAIN - we use whole grain, gluten-free teff flour
• NUT-FREE - no peanuts or tree nuts
• DAIRY-FREE - no casein, no animal by-products
• CORN-FREE - including our baking powder
• VEGAN - no dairy, eggs, or animal products of any kind
• TRULY NATURAL - the sugar-free mix contains only 9 ingredients
• and still delicious! Check the testimonials page...
We have created yummy, full-flavored, natural-ingredient baking mixes so you can enjoy amazing, good-for-you, right-out-of-the-oven, healthier baked goodies--more whole grains with high fiber, high protein, more iron and potassium! It's really easy - most mixes only ask for 4 or less ingredients to be added. Best of all, you get to eat them warm right out of your own oven, where and when you want them!
All our products are made with uncompromised natural ingredients from the earth, using carefully selected, certified gluten-free, nut-free and dairy-free ingredient sources.
Thank you again for visiting Be Free Bakers! See you soon!
Free Bakers is a family-run business, originally born of a desire
for delicious, healthy, allergen-free baked goods for our family,
friends and neighbors. Simply finding one tasty cake, cupcake or
muffin for a holiday or birthday party that everyone could share
became nearly impossible
as our friendships grew and everyone's allergies and intolerances
became known. As recently as two years ago, there were three cakes
at one birthday party! (One was gluten free, one vegan and one "traditional"
- all were highly sugar-laden.)
hope you’ll find that Be Free Bakers suits your family’s
needs for delicious, healthy snacks at any time of day – for
breakfast, with a cup of coffee or tea, as an afternoon snack or
a decadent dessert!
Thank you for visiting Be Free Bakers!
more information about Be Free Bakers, to ask a question or simply
to comment on something, please feel free to send us an email or
BeFreeBakers on TV
What people are saying about Be Free Bakers:
A recent email:
at the KC City Market
and John, KC City Market
at KC City Market, Sept. '09
customer, KC City Market, talking about the double chocolate teffles
he'd just tasted.
Hudson, Chicago, Illinois
• My friends and family who have been listening to me talk about this business for years and trying my concoctions - some yummy, some not so yummy. Scott made me promise never again to make garbanzo bean chocolate chip soup! Oh, yeah... Those were the days! (Actually, in my defense, it was supposed to be chocolate chip cookies, but the ingredients chose not to cooperate! That was before I discovered Xanthan Gum!)
• Seriously, a huge thank you goes to my loving and ever patient and kind husband Scott - who persevered with me and encouraged me to start this business in the first place! Without his support, encouragement and sometimes tough love, I wouldn't even be doing this at all! Thanks Sweetie!
• To my parents, who encouraged me from a young age to not be afraid of anything, to always "go for it" when there was something out there in which I was interested or felt strongly about doing. This is one of those moments! Thank you!
• A special thanks to my "editor" and dear friend Alan Hudson, who has worked with me from the beginning to ensure not only that my grammar is correct, but who has been the most patient, intelligent and astute advisor anyone could ever wish to have!
• Of course, without my daughter and husband being allergic to gluten, nuts and dairy - and our dear friend Terri having serious corn allergies, this business wouldn't exist in its current form!
• It wouldn't be appropriate to omit my City Market customers and testers! Without you, my products wouldn't be vegan and I wouldn't have had anyone on whom to test my many creations! Thank you all for your feedback and continued support! It's amazing.
• Last, but certainly not least - to Brad, my web designer. You wouldn't even be reading this page or ordering anything from Be Free Bakers' Website without him. Brad is the mastermind behind this beautiful website and easy to use format. Thank you so much Brad - I appreciate your hard work! Thank you to everyone! This business wouldn't exist without each of you participating. It is truly a family and community run operation and I am grateful.
families seeking more information about Autism, please visit www.autismspeaks.org
To enjoy a fun-filled blog about eating gluten free, try www.glutenfreegirl.com.
To learn some amazing things to do with vegan cupcakes, or to find great recipes to top your Be Free Bakers cupcakes, please buy the book "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero - or visit their website at vegancupcakes.wordpress.com. It's a fun read and a great source for recipes!
all the great ingredients to put into your mixes, such as coffee
flavoring or instant espresso for your Be Free Brownie Mix, go to
Whole Foods Market - or, wait for Be Free Bakers to buy it in bulk
and offer it to you over the web or at the market! Or... whenever
we open our first restaurant/store! But that could take a while,
so for now, Whole Foods Market carries all the good stuff. Let's
hope they carry my mixes soon too!